East Bali is one of the most beautiful and remote parts of Bali. Here, life is still mostly untouched by tourism and you can see and explore Balinese rural life in peace. If the time is right, we can bring you to village ceremonies and temple festivities, and explain the unique culture of Balinese Hinduism.
There are many beautiful sites to visit in the area – among them, water palaces and important temples on sacred mountains. We can organise a personalised tour for you, accompanied by a local guide. Or you can rent a motorbike and explore for yourself, armed with some information we’ll happily provide.
Here’s a taster of some places you could visit:
- Ujung water palace, the recreation place of the last king of Karangasem
- Tirtagangga, with the royal pools from the last king of Karangasem
- Amlapura, with the traditional market and the royal palace
- Lempuyang temple, one of Bali’s important and beautiful temple
- The waterfall in Les village, about 1 hour from our place
- 4 sours sacred springs in Bangle village
- Chocolate and organic soap factory in Jasri (from where Balila’s soap comes)
- UFO chocolate factory in Jasri
- Sensatia natural beauty products factory in Jasri (in Balila we use their products)
- East Bali cashew nuts factory
- Muntigunung social enterprise and factory